Mick Fernhout, Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer
• Mick Fernhout has been Chief Strategy & Transformation Officer of Sunrise UPC since December 2020.
• Mick was Executive Director Group Strategy & Corporate Development at Virgin Media UK from May 2020.
• Before that, he was the Chief Strategy & Corporate Affairs Officer at UPC Switzerland, and member of the Swiss Senior Management Team. He was responsible for Strategy, M&A, Corporate Communications and MySports.
• Before joining the UPC CH management team, Mick worked at Liberty Global in the Central Strategy team and the Central Commercial team from 2012 until 2017.
• From 2007 until 2011, Mick was VP Strategy & Corporate Development, and member of the management team of UPC Netherlands - overseeing the Strategy, Mobile development and Corporate Communications departments.
• Before joining UPC, Mick worked as a management consultant in the telecommunications and media industries for over 10 years (Arthur Andersen, Deloitte). In 2004/2005 he resided in the US, being a lead member of Deloitte’s global Telco & Media think tank.
• Mick holds a bachelor’s degree in business management from Nyenrode University, The Netherlands, and a master’s degree in Economics (specialized in Information management) from VU University, the Netherlands.