Fritzbox 7390/7490 – WLAN interruptions and improving WLAN reception
Please take the following steps:
- Check if you are connected to the correct WLAN (SSID) network
- If there are several WLAN networks with the same name (SSID), please assign a unique WLAN name (SSID), such as “My Home,” to your modem. Please do not use any special characters in the network name you assign.
- Restart the modem by disconnecting the power for 30 seconds.
- Try connecting your hardware again
Improving WLAN reception
Reception of the WLAN signal can be influenced by a variety of factors. If you experience disruptions or other WLAN problems, please take the following steps:
- Avoid sources of interference. Other electronic devices can disrupt the WLAN signal. For this reason, the following devices should not be placed too close to the WLAN modem, since they may compromise the WLAN connection: Cordless phone docking stations, baby monitors, microwaves, Bluetooth devices, and other devices that transmit wireless signals
- Avoid interference caused by other modems and electronic devices near the modem.
- Reduce the distance between the modem and the terminal.
- Arrange the modem so that there are as few obstacles as possible between the modem and the terminal. Obstacles like walls or a cabinet can strongly affect the connection. Elevating the modem slightly can alleviate this problem.
- The WLAN modem works best when it is placed out in the open and not hidden in a drawer or covered.
- The front of your modem (the side with the lights on it) should always face forward towards the room. Therefore, please do not position your modem to face the wall or a piece of furniture.
If the problems persist, please contact our Customer Service Department.