Tips for perfect home networkingSmart WiFi
Perfect home networking
Whether you’ve got a home office in the attic, are surfing the web in the garden, or watching TV in the office – we make sure you have the best and fastest connection to the very last corner of your apartment or house.
Tips for the perfect connection without a mess of tangled cables
Many factors influence the range and speed of your Wi-Fi: Number of devices, apartment floor plans, number of floors, thick walls, Minergie houses, house wiring, etc.
You can optimize your Wi-Fi signal with the following tips:
1. Central placement of the modem
- Place your modem in a central location with plenty of space around it.
The shorter the distance and the fewer obstructions, the better your Wi-Fi connection. Do not place the modem in cupboards or behind furniture.
- Avoid sources of interference from other electronic devices (e.g., baby monitors, microwaves, etc.)
- Connect your devices to the 5 GHz and the 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks to ensure an optimal connection. With newer routers, there is only one network.
2. Use LAN cables for TVs or other devices
- Network cables provide the most reliable and fastest connection from your modem to the device, provided it has the appropriate port.
- To operate the TV Box in another room, we recommend the Powerline Connection Kit, with which you can easily connect your TV Box to your modem.
3. Expand your network with an amplifier
- Expand your network with modern mesh technology. The new mesh technology optimizes the WiFi in your home. In contrast to classic repeaters, several devices work together in a mesh network – to create a comprehensive Wi-Fi network! Internet as it should be.
Here’s how you expand your network
Expand your Wi-Fi to give you the perfect coverage in all corners of your apartment, or set up a stable LAN connection to enjoy the best TV experience – we have the solutions for every need.
Managed mesh Wi-Fi extension
Deco M9 Plus
Mesh Wi-Fi extension
Runs on the power grid