Reception of the WLAN signal can be influenced by a variety of factors. If you experience disruptions or other WLAN problems, please take the following steps:
- Avoid sources of interference. Other electronic devices can disrupt the WLAN signal. For this reason, the following devices should not be placed too close to the WLAN modem, since they may compromise the WLAN connection: Cordless phone docking stations, baby monitors, microwaves, Bluetooth devices, and other devices that transmit wireless signals
- Avoid interference caused by other modems and electronic devices near the modem.
- Reduce the distance between the modem and the terminal.
- Arrange the modem so that there are as few obstacles as possible between the modem and the terminal. Obstacles like walls or a cabinet can strongly affect the connection. Elevating the modem slightly can alleviate this problem.
- The WLAN modem works best when it is placed out in the open and not hidden in a drawer or covered.
- The front of your modem (the side with the lights on it) should always face forward towards the room. Therefore, please do not position your modem to face the wall or a piece of furniture.
- Two WLAN networks are available to you through the Sunrise Internet Box, a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network. It is recommended that you use the 5 GHz network, since the broader frequency band of the 5 GHz WLAN performs considerably better than the 2.4 GHz WLAN.
Attention: Please note that not all terminals fully support 5 GHz. If your terminal is not displaying both networks, unfortunately it does not support the better WLAN technology. In this case, use the 2.4 GHz network.
- Changing the channel can improve the WLAN quality. Your modem regularly checks frequencies that are also used for applications, such as weather radar, that generally experience less traffic.
- Change to one of the channels shown. You can do this on your modem's user interface.
1. Click on the gear symbol in the title bar of the WLAN network control panel (Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz).
2. You can now change the name (SSID), visibility (visible), and channel (channel section) on the opened page.
3. Click "Apply" to accept the changes. The modem will now restart, after which the changed settings will be active.
- The channels 52 to 64 and 100 to 140 facilitate greater throughput. Here the greatest range can be achieved with channels 100 to 140.
If the problems persist, please contact our Customer Service Department.