extra SIM watch
Connect your Apple Watch
- Use your Apple Watch to make as many calls, send as many messages, and stream as much music as your heart desires
- All you need is a Sunrise Freedom mobile subscription and an iPhone 6 or newer with at least iOS 11.2
- Connect UP to 5 Apple Watch devices with your mobile subscription
Connect your Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE
- With your Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE, you can make as many calls, send as many messages, and stream as much music as your heart desires.
- All you need is a Sunrise Freedom mobile subscription and a Galaxy smartphone with Android OS 8.0 or a later version and at least 1.5 GB of available RAM.
- You can pair up to five Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE devices with your mobile subscription.
Activating the Apple Watch
- You can activate the extra SIM watch option during the iPhone-Apple Watch pairing process in the Apple Watch iPhone app.
- Afterwards you can activate the Sunrise extra SIM watch option in the Apple Watch iPhone app.
Activation requirements for the Apple Watch
- An iPhone 6 or newer model with iOS 11.2 or higher.
- An Apple Watch with watchOS 4.2 or higher.
- You have to accept the update and install you network carrier settings on your iPhone. You need at least Sunrise 31.1.
Activating the Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE
- You can activate the extra SIM watch option during the Samsung smartphone/Samsung Galaxy Watch pairing process in the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app.
- Or, you can activate the Sunrise extra SIM watch option in the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app later.
Activation requirements for the Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE
Attention: A Samsung Galaxy Watch not purchased from Sunrise is not always supported. The Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE from Swisscom has specific software for Switzerland and cannot be used on the Sunrise mobile network.
- A Samsung smartphone with Android OS 8.0 or a later version and 1.5 GB of available RAM.
- A Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE version with watchOS Tizen 4.0 software or a later version.
- You must accept the update of your network carrier settings on your smartphone and install it. You need at least Sunrise 31.1.
You need to have at least the Sunrise 31.1 network carrier settings to activate and use the Sunrise extra SIM watch option.
Search for and install network carrier settings
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a WLAN or mobile network.
- Select "Settings" > "General" > "About". If an update is available, then an option will be shown to update the network carrier settings.
Display network carrier settings
Select "Settings" > "General" > "About". You will find the information next to "Carrier".
You can make multiple calls simultaneously with the main SIM card and an extra SIM watch option. You can also use data simultaneously.
NEW: The iPhone will also support dual SIM starting in November:
- If you use two SIM cards (dual SIM mode), you must decide at the time of purchase and activation of the extra SIM watch option which main card subscription the extra SIM watch option should be linked to.
- Important: The extra SIM watch option cannot be switched from one SIM to another later. The option must be deactivated by Sunrise customer service in accordance with the subscription term, and must then be reinstalled.
The extra SIM watch option cannot be used abroad at this time.
Tip: With your smartwatch, you can set up and receive voice connections to your smartphone via Bluetooth connections abroad. The smartwatch itself can only use the Sunrise mobile network in Switzerland.
You can let other people use your extra SIM watch card, but we strongly advise you against it. Because the extra SIM watch option is linked to your mobile subscription and phone number, other people could use it to receive calls on your phone number, read your SMS, and access your Apple apps.
- Smartphones with Android OS 5.0 and later, such as Huawei, Sony, HTC, LG
- The Apple iPhone 5 or later versions running iOS 9.0 or a later release
You must purchase the extra SIM watch option to use the Galaxy Watch LTE on the Sunrise mobile network. We would be happy to activate the extra SIM watch option for your non-Samsung smartphone at a Sunrise shop near you. The extra SIM watch option cannot be purchased through the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone. The app is only used to pair and control your Galaxy Watch.Please proceed as follows:
- Take your smartphone, your Galaxy Watch, and the original packaging to a Sunrise shop near you.
- Purchase the extra SIM watch option for your Galaxy Watch there. (The original packaging for the Galaxy Watch is needed because it contains both serial numbers that must be recorded with a handheld scanner).
- Install the Galaxy Wearable app and pair your Galaxy Watch.
- Select "Mobile network" in the settings, and the eSIM profile will upload to your Galaxy Watch.