Secure login to online portal and e-banking
- You define a PIN code for your Mobile ID that is stored only on your SIM card
- All you need is your smartphone and a Smart SIM card - no apps, programs, or assisting devices
- You'll be using one of the most secure factor authentication methods in the world free of charge
- At Sunrise, Mobile ID only works with a mobile subscription. It is not possible to use it with prepaid or Sunrise MVNO (yallo, Aldi, etc.).
- Mobile ID is also available with the Sunrise multicard, but the Mobile ID service features can only be used on the primary SIM card.
- Mobile ID can be used in any country that supports SMS roaming. You can send SMS messages free of charge.
Tip: If you do not have a Sunrise Smart SIM, you can order one at any time in My Sunrise .
- Mobile ID is supported by all standard mobile phones. A few phones do not work with Mobile ID.
- You can also use Mobile ID with a tablet, but we recommend that you use Mobile ID with a mobile phone. Some tablets do not support these incoming text messages, which are required to activate or use Mobile ID.
- Mobile ID is supported by all standard mobile operating systems, including Apple iOS, Android, Blackberry, Microsoft Windows Phone, and Symbian.
- You need a Smart SIM card.
Lost or stolen mobile phone
Immediately block your SIM card in My Sunrise. This also automatically blocks your mobile ID.
- Mobile ID is based on certificates where your confidential key data is stored on the SIM card.
- High security is guaranteed because both the Mobile ID PIN code and possession of the SIM card are required.
- Your mobile ID contains only one unique serial number.
- No personal information is saved in the certificate or made available in any other form.
Login not possible (e-banking, VPN, etc.)
Check in My Sunrise that your mobile ID is activate and your Mobile ID PIN is not blocked. If either of these is wrong, contact your e-banking or service provider directly.
No prompt for Mobile ID login
Please unlock your screen and try again, as some devices can only receive the request when the mobile phone is not in lock screen mode.
Error message "SIM malfunction"
A timeout occurred during activation of Mobile ID. Please restart the activation process.
Using dual SIM adapters
Normally Mobile ID functions perfectly in mobile phones that are designed to use two SIM cards. But some auxiliary adapters (dual SIM adapters) do not support Mobile ID.
Message «The SIM card sent an SMS»
Mobile ID uses an app on the SIM card that sends encrypted text messages to the Mobile ID service while you are using the phone. Manufacturers have installed alerts on some phones that are triggered when this happens. Unfortunately, Sunrise cannot turn off these alerts. On some mobile phones, you will have to confirm that an SMS has been sent.
Cannot be used with multicard
Mobile ID can only be used on the main SIM card.
Mobile ID PIN
Important: When you have created a new Mobile ID PIN, then you will have a new Mobile ID. This means you have to log in to your service provider (e.g., e-banking) once without a Mobile ID and re-establish the connection to the new Mobile ID.
- You choose your Mobile ID PIN when you activate Mobile ID. It is only stored on the SIM card and Sunrise does not know it.
- The Mobile ID PIN consists of six digits and is separate from the PIN code for the SIM card.
- There is no PUK code for the Mobile ID. If you forget your Mobile ID PIN or it is blocked, you must create a new one here.
Mobile ID is integrated in the SIM card, not in the mobile phone. If you insert the SIM card into a new mobile phone, Mobile ID is also transferred automatically.