We Connect watch
Connect your Apple Watch with We Connect watch
- The Apple Watch has its own telephone number with We Connect watch
- With the family configuration of Apple, family members who do not have an iPhone can use the Apple Watch.
- Requires an Apple Watch Series 4 or later with watchOS 7 or later
- You need an iPhone 6s or newer with iOS 14 or newer for initial activation
Activating the Apple Watch
- You can activate the We Connect watch abonnement during the iPhone-Apple Watch pairing process in the Apple Watch iPhone app.
- Afterwards you can activate the We Connect watch abonnement in the Apple Watch iPhone app.
Activation requirements for the Apple Watch
- An iPhone 6 or newer model with iOS 11.2 or higher.
- An Apple Watch with watchOS 4.2 or higher.
- You have to accept the update and install you network carrier settings on your iPhone. You need at least Sunrise 31.1.
You need to have at least the Sunrise 31.1 network carrier settings to activate and use the Sunrise extra SIM watch option.
Search for and install network carrier settings
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a WLAN or mobile network.
- Select "Settings" > "General" > "About". If an update is available, then an option will be shown to update the network carrier settings.
Display network carrier settings
Select "Settings" > "General" > "About". You will find the information next to "Carrier".
The We Commect watch option cannot be used abroad at this time.
Tip: With your smartwatch, you can set up and receive voice connections to your smartphone via Bluetooth connections abroad. The smartwatch itself can only use the Sunrise mobile network in Switzerland.
You can give the Smartwatch with We Connect watch to other people for use, the additional phone number is intended for this purpose. As the Smartwatch with We Connect watch has its own subscription, the product is suitable for passing on to a family member. Calls, messages and access to Apple apps are independent of the mobile subscription on the iPhone.