Always use the Sunrise Cockpit when calling abroad. Access is free worldwide and possible over the mobile network or WLAN.
The Sunrise Cockpit offers the following options:
- Find and sign up for the right roaming package for your trip abroad.
- Block all data usage abroad when you do not have an option or included data volume for roaming.
- Block billable forwarding to your Sunrise mailbox while you are abroad.
- Block calls, SMS and data connections on ships and airplanes.
- Set a monthly data roaming cost limit.
- You can check the usage of your included services and roaming packages.
You have the following options for blocking roaming completely or partly:
Block roaming completely
Block roaming in the roaming settings in My Sunrise.
- Block all data use abroad in Sunrise Cockpit when you do not have an option or included data volume for roaming.
- Block all mobile Internet on your mobile phone in My Sunrise. This block also applies within Switzerland.
- Block data roaming on your mobile phone or tablet.
Block international calls in My Sunrise. In this way, you can block calls from your location abroad to Switzerland or to a third country. You can still make calls within the foreign country.
Forwarding calls to your mailbox
While you are abroad, block billable call forwarding to your Sunrise mailbox in your Sunrise Cockpit.
Ships and airplanes
Block calls, SMS and data connections on ships and airplanes in the Sunrise Cockpit.
Mobile phone lost abroad
Immediately block your SIM card in My Sunrise or call our international hotline at +41 58 777 01 01 (charges apply).
Controlling your data volume
- Deactivate or restrict data-intensive applications, such as location services and background updating. Deactivate automatic synchronization of all your apps in your mobile phone settings.
- Many services have an offline mode. Before your departure from Switzerland, download and save your Spotify playlist, a map of your vacation destination, etc. on your mobile phone.
- Apps often use less data than a complex search with a browser. It is therefore better to use apps for services you need regularly.
Living near the border
To prevent your mobile phone from automatically connecting to a foreign mobile network near the border, which leads to roaming charges, you can manually select the Sunrise mobile network. You can find the directions for manual network selection in the instructions for mobile phones and tablets. When you travel abroad, we recommend that you switch back to automatic network selection.
It doesn't have to be expensive – our Roaming Tips in PDF format.
The multilevel roaming alert system protects you from incurring high data roaming costs while abroad.
- We will inform you via SMS when you have reached 50% of the limit
- We will inform you via SMS when you have reached 100% of your limit, and block data roaming.
- You can unblock it by texting UNBLOCK to 3310. This will make the amount of your limit, for example, CHF 100.00, available again.
You can set or change your data roaming cost limit at any time in your Sunrise Cockpit. The standard limit is CHF 100.00.Attention: Under certain conditions, there may be a time delay between your roaming data volume and sending an alert SMS or blocking your data traffic.
Included services and options
- Data connections within the services included in your mobile subscription or Sunrise travel data option are not included in the accumulated costs.
- The one-time costs for Sunrise travel packs are not included in the accumulated costs.
When abroad, always use the Sunrise Cockpit. It offers the following options:
- Find and book the right roaming package for your stay abroad.
- Block data usage abroad when there is no option or included data volume available for roaming.
- Block expensive forwarding to your Sunrise mailbox while you're abroad (Exceptions: Freedom swiss start, swiss calls, swiss unlimited, swiss neighbors und europe&US).
- Block calls, SMS, and data connections on ships and airplanes.
- Define a monthly cost limit for data roaming.
- You can view the usage of your included services and roaming packages.
When you use a VPN connection, Sunrise cannot identify which app was used to generate the data volume. Therefore, the data volume generated with WhatsApp cannot be determined and calculated.
Our options and rates for using your mobile phone outside Switzerland with Sunrise Prepaid products.
Important: The Prepaid airbag for calls, SMS and data, as well as the included volume of the Prepaid surf option, is only valid within Switzerland.
Complete cost control with data roaming in Region 1 with the travel day pass data option.
You can find all the information about the option here.
Activation / Deactivation
- The option is automatically activated after the first data use abroad.
- If you have used up the included volume of 100 MB within the 24 hours, you can sign up for an additional 100 MB for the remaining hours (until the expiration of the 24 hours) via cockpit.sunrise.ch.
- If you have blocked data roaming abroad, the option will not be automatically activated for an active data connection abroad and must be activated manually.
- You can make all settings for the travel day pass data option in My Sunrise or in the Sunrise Cockpit.