Roaming countries - regions and zones
When using mobile phones abroad, we divide the countries of the world into regions and zones.
- Regions 1-3 for different standard tariffs
- Zones A-E for data packages of countries from regions 2 and 3 (for business customers also calls and SMS)
In 2022, AT&T and T-Mobile will gradually be shutting down the 3G mobile network throughout the USA in order to focus on the new 4G and 5G technologies.
What does this mean for Sunrise customers?
If you travel to the USA, some incoming and outgoing voice calls and SMS over the AT&T or T-Mobile network will temporarily no longer be possible.
What can I do?
We recommend that in the USA you use an alternative network, which you can select manually.
- For iOS/iPhone: Settings -> Mobile Data -> Network Selection -> Disable Automatic and select alternative network
- For Android: Settings -> Connections -> Mobile networks -> Network operators -> Disable «Select automatically» and select alternative network
Please do not forget to reset the network selection to automatic as soon as you leave the USA again.
Sunrise will be activating VoLTE roaming in the course of 2022, so that customers in the USA can make voice calls and send SMS over the AT&T or T-Mobile network again.
• The Netherlands: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Eustasius, Saba, Sint Maarten.
• France: French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Martin, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna.
• USA: American Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam.
• United Kingdom UK: Anguilla, Ascension, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Montserrat, Pitcairn, Sandwich Islands, South Georgia, St. Helena, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos Islands
Sea & Air: Roaming via satellite connection
Cruise ships and planes sometimes provide coverage via mobile networks. These networks are often run over satellite connections, although the hardware displays the name of a regular mobile phone provider, such as Vodafone Malta. Satellite connections are always more expensive than regular mobile phone connections.
Surfing: Not supported
Options and standard rates