Roaming countries - regions and zones
When using mobile phones abroad, we divide the countries of the world into regions and zones.
- Regions 1-3 for different standard tariffs
- Zones A-E for data packages of countries from regions 2 and 3 (for business customers also calls and SMS)
Due to legal requirements that have been in force since December 1, 2022, phone numbers are suppressed for incoming calls from Germany.
What does this mean for Sunrise customers?
If you’re spending time in Germany and receive a call from a German connection, you won’t see the caller’s phone number. Depending on the device, the number will appear as «unknown number» or «anonymous».
What can I do?
If seeing the caller’s phone number is very important to you, we recommend that you use VoLTE roaming in Germany. As of January 11, 2023, VoLTE roaming will be possible in Germany with O2, and from February 2023 also with Telekom. You can select your network manually:
- For iOS/iPhone: Settings -> Cellular -> Network Selection -> Disable «Automatic» and select alternative network
- For Android: Settings -> Connections -> Mobile networks -> Network operators -> Disable «Select automatically» and select alternative network
Please don’t forget to reset the network selection to automatic as soon as you leave Germany again.
• The Netherlands: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Eustasius, Saba, Sint Maarten.
• France: French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Mayotte, New Caledonia, Réunion, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Martin, Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, Wallis and Futuna.
• USA: American Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam.
• United Kingdom UK: Anguilla, Ascension, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Montserrat, Pitcairn, Sandwich Islands, South Georgia, St. Helena, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos Islands
Sea & Air: Roaming via satellite connection
Cruise ships and planes sometimes provide coverage via mobile networks. These networks are often run over satellite connections, although the hardware displays the name of a regular mobile phone provider, such as Vodafone Malta. Satellite connections are always more expensive than regular mobile phone connections.
Surfing: Not supported
Options and standard rates